Saturday, October 31, 2015

Homemade Tiger Balm

I make this for my dad who says it's the only thing that relieves his pain. Even his prescription painkillers don't work as well.
I'm not saying this will work as well for you as everyone is different and you have to use what works for you. But give this a try, and see how it goes.


I modified a recipe I found over at knowledgeweighsnothing.com If you want to see their original version...click over to them.


For me- this is what I did:

INGREDIENTS:

Sage 1 tsp
Water 1 cup (+ more for double boiler)
 4 oz Glass Jar & Lid (canning jar works great)
Eucalyptus Essential Oil 20 drops
Clove Essential Oil 10 drops
Peppermint Essential Oil 20 drops
Oregano Essential Oil 10 drops
Beeswax pellets 1/2 oz
Coconut Oil 2 ozs



Add 1 tsp dried, crushed sage to 1 cup water. I grow and dry my own sage, so I can't be sure if you use a store-bought version if it would work as well...but try it and let me know how it goes...

Bring the sage and water to a boil and reduce by half. (Once reduced, strain out the herb- it's the water left you want.)

Meanwhile, in a double boiler add the wax and coconut oil. Heat until melted, careful not to burn it.
Remove from heat.
Let cool for a few minutes (but not solidify) then add essential oils mix it well.
Add 2 tsp sage water and whip it well.
Pour or spoon into glass jar and allow to cool slowly and completely before using.
Rub on sore muscles.

This recipe also doubles well, and with the sage water, you'll have enough to make 3 or 4 batches all at once.

It's that easy.  Go forth with your newfound knowledge and be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment