Saturday, January 2, 2016

Chicken Shawarma Shawonderful

Today I found a chicken shawarma with avocado lime mayo recipe. It was fabulous, once I made a few modifications. Sound familiar? I just cannot seems to make a recipe as is the first time, even though I know I should. The problem is that there are many things I don't like eating so as often is the case, I have to modify the recipe so I would even consider eating it.



 I didn't take pictures. I should have. I mean I should have because the husband and I were making blissy faces and ummm ummm noises while we were eating. Seriously. It was that good.

The original recipe is here. And make it that way if you like all the ingredients. Technically, I liked everything but the avocado so I skipped that part.

Here's the basics:

One chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise and then into long pieces.

Marinade:
Olive Oil and Lemon juice- equal parts
Finely grated garlic- about three cloves
1 tsp curry powder (this is why I made the curry earlier today)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp corriander (original calls for 1/8 tsp)
dash salt

Mix together and coat the chicken...then refrigerate to marinate for at least 20 minutes. I let mine marinate for about an hour.

Grill (I used my panini / grill)

For the sauce...it called for yogurt and avocado. I skipped both.
I just put about 2 tbs mayo in a bowl, added a splash of lime juice and some fresh cracked black pepper. Mixed well and used it for dipping sauce. It was fabulous.

Next time, I will take pictures. Not of us eating, but of the fabulous food. Seriously. Make this today. It's yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment