Saturday, January 2, 2016

Paleo / Whole 30 Crackers

I came across this recipe for paleo crackers that also work for being Whole 30 and gluten free diets.

I made them and they tasted great except for one thing.... I noticed they had little to no taste if you didn't get a piece of cracker that had salt in it.

So I set out to make my own version of this cracker with a bit more oompf and taste.

Don't get me wrong...these fit the bill if you want something cracker-ish to eat with chocolate chili or you can even make this cracker recipe, not cut it into crackers, and use it as a pizza base!


Add some dried cheese powder (if allowed on your diet), or some cayenne, or cracked pepper, and these crackers are da bomb!

One thing I would make sure to do is to definitely roll the crackers out as thin as you can, otherwise, they are a bit puffy in the center.


BASIC PALEO CRACKERS

1 Cup Almond Flour
1 Egg White
1/4 tsp Salt (original recipe called for 1/8 tsp)
1 tsp Black Pepper (or 1/2 tsp Cayenne, or 1/2 tsp italian seasoning) (not in original recipe)

Mix well until a dough forms (I use a spoon and then my hands).

Roll out extra thin between two pieces of parchment paper. Remove top parchment, cut with pizza cutter to desired cracker size (or leave whole for a pizza crust).
Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.
Watch them so they won't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment