Monday, January 4, 2016

The Best Low Carb Pizza You'll Ever Eat


I am not kidding about this title. Oh, I know people have raved about the cauliflower crust pizza. Mine didn't turn out so well...besides not really liking cauliflower, it was too wet, soggy, floppy and it spread like a bad rumor.

A couple days ago I posted about carb-free crackers- which were fantastic, by the way.

Today, I am posting about using that same  cracker
recipe to make pizza. I can't take the credit for this. Both the crackers and pizza were the brainchild of Almost SuperMom. Go check her blog out sometime. There are many interesting things over there.





Anyway, this pizza is definitely tasty, crunchy, and cheesy. If you are cutting out dairy this pizza is not for you. So all you Whole 30 dieters doing the strict W30 deal, well, you're just out of luck.
The husband and I are doing Whole 30, but because neither of us are lactose intolerant nor do we eat a lot of dairy, we decided to leave dairy IN our diet. This pizza has the most dairy we've eaten in a while.

So, without further ado, here's the pizza recipe you're going to love!


Best Darn Low Carb Pizza

Crust:
2 cups almond flour
2 egg whites
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp thyme

Mix well, roll out between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/4" to 1/8" thick. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or longer, depending on your preference of crunchiness. Go a bit less than what you want since it will be baked a second time.

Place your toppings on the crust, and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
My toppings? I copied Almost Supermom and made a Chicken Bacon Alfredo pizza. Here's what I did:


I made alfredo sauce (3 pats butter, 1 cup heavy cream cooked together over medium heat, added 1 tsp arrowroot powder and 1/2 c fresh grated romano cheese)  which went on the crust.
I covered the sauce with cooked crumbled bacon and chicken, then topped with mozzarella cheese.
Amounts? Use as much or as little as you want. It's really a no brainer. I used 1 cooked, diced chicken breast and about 3 pieces of cooked crumbled bacon, and 8 ozs of mozzarella.

I baked mine until the cheese turned brown (I don't have an inside oven broiler), but if you have a broiler you can bake your pizza for 15 minutes, then switch to the broiler for 3 minutes.

Go. Eat. Have fun. Enjoy this tasty gem. It is a bit on the dry side...at least mine was because I think I left the sauce and toppings on the crust while waiting for the husband to come home with mozzarella. I'm thinking the sauce absorbed into the crust before baking.
I'll have to make this again and make sure all my ingredients are on hand and there's no waiting for them to be delivered. LOL Either way, this pizza was da'bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment