Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Just a Bit of Fun

Because what's life without a little whimsy, right?

Last year I painted a few wine glasses for a gift and was so pleased with the result, I decided to make a few of my own.

I'm not really a painter. But I am a bit crafty in the arts kind of way. I have so many art supplies I'm thinking of giving them away. Why give them away? Because I have a horrible habit of trying something to see if I can do it, to enjoy doing it, to pass the time, whatever, and then not having the time to go back and continue doing it.

One year, I spent months painting a plaster christmas village. Dry-brushing is easy-peasy and doesn't take a lot of time in and of itself.  But once I did that village, I sort of lost interest in painting little houses.
But I at least still have the paint. Or most of it. A lot of it has dried.

Although over several occasions when my stepson would come over, he and I would take time and paint glass ornaments. We decided to focus on a different color each year. One year we did blue, we've done red, silver, etc.

So, back to the wine glasses....



I started painting them again. I'm not sure if I will keep these for myself, or give as gifts, or sell them for some extra cash. Either way, I'm enjoying the time to just sit and do a craft. That doesn't come along very often.




I call these (ok, so THIS will turn into THESE when I paint more than the single wine glass I've painted so far...)...my Misheard Song Lyrics Edition.

Whatcha think?

3 comments:

  1. They are awesome! Hey, I was wondering if you could send me your "recipe" for the crack trail mix?

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gott I'm a horrible person, right? I had no idea this comment was even there. My only defense is I got busy and haven't looked at the blog in a while!
    Sorry!
    I posted my trail mix to your FB.
    Forgive me?

    ReplyDelete